28/01/2013

My Hometown Hartlepool in the Snow

I'm from Hartlepool (a Monkey Hanger apparently is what people often call me on my travels). I'm proud of the place I live and I happen to think there are some great places for landscape photography in Hartlepool if you seek them out!

After waking one cold January morning there was a lot of snow on the ground, but bright blue skies - so I thought I would zip around town and take some photos of some of my favourite spots in a different light! 

Hartlepool historic quay on the marina with a snow covered car park 
Hartlepool historic quay on the marina with a snow covered car park. A popular local tourist attraction! 





Hartlepool Headland Town Wall, with the Docks in the distance
The headland in Hartlepool: A row of old houses behind the Headland Town Wall, with the Docks in the distance. I love the old world charm of Hartlepool Headland.




The Sebastopol Cannon - Hartlepool Headland.
The Sebastopol Cannon - Hartlepool Headland. This cannon was captured from the Russian Army at the battle of Sebastopol during the Crimean War (1854-56). In October 1857, the then Secretary of State, Lord Panmure, offered the cannon to Hartlepool Borough Council who gratefully accepted it. 



Elwick church
Elwick church in the pristine snow

Elwick church again!



Elwick Village, on the outskirts of Hartlepool, with a snow covered village green. One of my favourite villages in the area.


Hartlepool Headland war memorial - some of my favourite houses in Hartlepool here.

St Hildas Church on the Headland
St Hildas Church on the Headland

St Hildas Church on the Headland
St Hildas Church on the Headland

St Hildas Church on the Headland
The evening sun illuminating St Hildas Church on the Headland.

Borough Hall, Hartlepool
Borough Hall, Hartlepool


Hartlepool Docks with tyre tracks in a snow covered yard
Hartlepool Docks with tyre tracks in a snow covered yard - a nice bit of foreground abstraction to make a good photo!

Hartlepool Historic Quay at the Marina
Hartlepool Historic Quay at the Marina

Foot prints in the snow

Hartlepool historic quay on the marina with a snow covered car park 
Hartlepool historic quay on the marina with a snow covered car park


Hartlepool Historic Quay at the Marina
Hartlepool Historic Quay at the Marina


Past & Future - two windmills in Hartlepool
Past & Future - two windmills in Hartlepool





Hartlepool Headland
Hartlepool Headland

Thanks for looking through - I hope it makes you see Hartlepool in a different light!

If you wish to use any of the pictures - permission must be granted first - just get in touch! You can email me at hello@stuart-hodgson.com


SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig